2012-02-18

Poetry


- Which character do you like the most from T.S. Eliot’s poems on cats? Discuss only one character and explain whether he/she is similar or different from you.

Cats is the most famous poem by T.S. Eliot.  This poem is translated into several languages. There are four different kinds of cats; Rumtum tugger, Jellicle cat, Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer and Macavity. Each of them has different characteristics. First, Rumtum tugger is a curious and terrible cat. She does not want anything from the host. If she wants something, she will find by herself. Second, Jellicle cat is black and white. She is a cheerful cat, so the host loves her so much. Third, Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer are twin cats. They are the thief. They like to steal something from the house. The last, Macavity is the misery cat. He is called the hidden paw. He breaks the law of gravity, so no one likes Macavity.      From the four characters of cats, I like Rumtum tugger because she is the best character that shows everything about me. I think she is similar from me the most. She has two sides of her character. I also have both good side and bad side like Rumtum tugger.
Good side of Rumtum tugger is her charm. She is a charming cat, so the host loves her so much. She likes to whimper the host when she wants something. It is her attraction that can attract many people especially the host. For example, when the host get angry with her, She will whimper in order to make the host feel better and do not punish her. Rumtum tugger has her own decision. She decides to do everything by herself. Also, she has the prominent characteristic. Therefore, I think I have many characteristics like Rumtum tugger. I like her charm although I do not have like her. Since I really want to be a charming girl, Rumtum tugger is the most character that I want to be. I would like many people love me like Rumtum tugger. Moreover, I think I also have my own decision. I will do something well if I want to do. Also, I am quite crazy. I like to do something which nobody likes to do. For example, when I have to do the lesson plan, I and my friend always think about the new activities. I think it is challenge and it also gives me some experiences. I think I like to make a different. Thus, It is my characteristic that nobody is like me.   
Not only good side but also bad side Rumtum tugger has. Rumtum tugger is terrible bored. She does not stay in the same place for a long time. She is self-centred because she does not care anything and anyone. For example, if the host gives her the fish, she always wants a feast and if put her in a house, she would much prefer a flat. She will appreciate the value of something if it is important for her. Also, Rumtum tugger is only like what she finds for herself. In my opinion, these characteristics are too bad, but I cannot refuse that I also do like these. Sometimes, I am so bored about something. I really do not want to do anything if I do not like and I will do something if I consider I can do it well. For example, I choose to teach students in song station instead of storytelling station because I do not like to tell the story. I like singing songs more than telling stories. In addition, I want someone to take care of me every time that I want although I know it is impossible.
To sum up, Cats is the most famous poem that shows many different characters. Each of them is good and bad. I think almost of my characteristics are like Rumtum tugger. I also have both good and bad side like Rumtum tugger. This character can convey everything about me. Although Rumtum tugger is not really good character, I still like her more than other characters. Therefore, if compare me with four characters in T.S. Eliot’s poems on cats, I think Rumtum tugger is the most suitable for me.    




No comments:

Post a Comment