2012-02-18

Critical Reading


Critical writing paper


1. Parents Must Make Up Their Minds
        
               All of parents want their children to excel and docile but they don’t consider it’s difficult to go together. For example, the rule of my parents that I still hold from the past until the present. Their rule talk about “If parents consider something to be bad and unsuitable to do, I must not to although I want to do.” So, it seems to my parents control me to do everything. From this rule, it gives me both merit and demerit.  About merit, in the past, I was regarded to the best student in class because I didn’t do the bad things that make my parents and other people to be trouble. And sometimes, I heard someone talking about children who do the fault and they say “why didn’t these children do like me?” And they always appreciate me that I was docile. On the other hand, there are  demerits from this rule; first, I never have mistake because my parents didn’t let me to do anything so I didn’t know mistake and I couldn’t learn from my mistake. Second, I didn’t have experience be caused by my parents didn’t give chance to me to do different things and go to other place accept school. Therefore I couldn’t solve problem by myself. The last and most important, when I studied in the university, it was the new life for me because it was not the same like when I studied in school. The problem was I didn’t know many things like my friends because I never learn the different thing. From this reason contribute to change my parents’ mind. At the present, my parents let me do every activity that I want to do if it isn’t danger for other people. Moreover, I am proud every time when I do activity with my friends because while doing activity, I know my mistake, problem and I can solve it by myself. Although, I don’t good at any subject in class like in the past, I still proud of my experience outside the class that some people never have like me. Now, I’m happy with the rule that my parents change for me because it can make the difficult thing to be possible in my life. I can pass the big problem, I can live and do many activities with other people and I can solve problems that happen when I study or do activity by myself so it’s the best and important award for my life.  Parents change their minds lead to change my life too. Finally, nothing in the world is harder than rearing a child who will make a difference to society. But nothing in the world is more worthwhile, if we are breeding for improvement and not just for dump survival, therefore, parents must make up their minds.



2. “Real” men and women

      Human have own reality, nobody has the right to limit or qualify that so we can’t separate real men and real women. Someone try to make rules and setting standard for qualify and separate real men and women. For instance, their career, men and women can’t do the same thing. Work for the men like drive a car, the women mustn’t do it because it isn’t suitable. And sometimes, women like to play football instead of cheer leader and some men like cheer leader more than football, they were considered not real men and real women. In the same, some men like to talk about cosmetic or fashion and some women like to talk about football game, they were considered in the same way. On the contrary, nobody can separate and describe who is a real man and who is a real woman because both men and women have their own reality. They have equal to do everything, men and women can do the same thing. It isn’t strange if we see the men who buy some ingredients for cooking and see woman work in the yard. Nowadays, in our society many people judge someone that he is not real man because he wears clothes like woman; they judge by looking only appearance but don’t touch and learn his mind and his characteristic because of discrimination. Therefore, discrimination is the most important reason that people always use for judge some people in society. If people live without discrimination, every people would have equal to do everything. Importantly, reality is not thing which somebody would like, or something that is imagined or idealized. Someone is not a real man or woman; let’s assume that all human beings who are alive, therefore, are real human beings. Nobody can divide into two categories, all men are real men and all women are real women, it depends on their reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment